Friday, October 17, 2014

Beaded bracelet tutorial from DesignHer Kit


I'm a big fan of the DesignHer Kit subscription service, so I'll be posting periodically about the projects that I make using materials and instructions from the kit.

I absolutely love, love, love a beaded bracelet that was part of the July 2014 shipment. DesignHer Kit calls it the "Boho Bracelet," and while it wasn't the easiest project on which I've worked, I was really happy with the result.


I can't believe that I made this myself! Looks pretty cute, if I say so myself. (I'm not normally so conceited, but I'm new to the world of jewelry making, so I'm allowing myself a little measure of pride.)

The instructions to complete the bracelet weren't difficult to follow; however, the work was detailed and required a bit of patience. I started with the seed beads that DesignHer Kit provided.


I measured and cut a length of stringing wire so that it fit around my wrist.


I then attached the piece of stringing wire to one of the end bars that DesignHer Kit provided. I did this by threading the wire through a crimp bead, threading it through a hole in the end bar, threading it back through the crimp bead, and closing the crimp bead using a pair of needle-nose pliers.


I threaded seed beads onto the wire until I had about an inch or so of bare wire left. Then I attached the end of the wire to the other end bar using the same process that I had used previously (and also making sure that I used the hole corresponding to the one that I had used in the first end bar).

I repeated this process nine times, one for each remaining hole in the end bar. When I finished, I had two end bars connected to each other by ten strands of multicolored beads.


 At this point, I used jump rings to attach one part of a toggle clasp to an end bar.


I did the same to the other end, using the other part of the toggle clasp.


Voila! All finished!


I might be creating more of these to sell on Etsy because this one was sooo much fun to make!


No comments:

Post a Comment